This problem occurs on some AT&T phones using the MediaNet WAP browser. The easiest solution will be to download Vlingo using a different browser on the phone, such as the Internet, WiFi, or BlackBerry browser if they are available on the phone. If none of those are available, or if you still encounter this error even with the other browsers that are available, you can download Vlingo to your desktop and install it using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
The specific steps for doing this are:
- Go here to select the proper zip file to download.
- Extract the contents of the zip file, saving the contents to your desktop.
- Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Use a data cable to connect your BlackBerry to your computer. Wait for the Desktop Manager to indicate that the device has connected successfully.
- Open the Application Loader icon. The Application Loader Wizard will appear.
- Click Next.
- From the list of installed applications, click Add....
- From the file chooser, navigate to My Desktop, and select the .alx file that you downloaded from Vlingo.
- Click Open.
- The new application is added to the list as Vlingo.
- Note: If you are running Desktop Manager version 4.2, you may see an error indicating there are no applications to install. If this happens, you will need to upgrade to version 4.3.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- When you see "The loading operation was successful", click Close.
- Disconnect the BlackBerry from your computer.
- The Desktop Manager should now reboot your BlackBerry. If it doesn't, you should do this manually by removing and re-installing the battery.
- Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
At this point, your installation is complete. The next (and last) procedure before you start using Vlingo is to go through the setup process on your BlackBerry, as follows:
- Click on the Vlingo icon in your program list.
- Follow the on-device instructions to complete the setup process.
- You're now ready to start using Vlingo!