Keystroke Injection permission is a required to use the Vlingo Everywhere feature of Vlingo 4.0. If your administrator does not allow you to set Keystroke Injection to Allow on your blackberry, you can configure your BlackBerry to no longer prompt to set Keystroke Injection to Allow. This will allow you to install Vlingo 4.0, and use all the Vlingo 4.0 features except for Vlingo Everywhere.
Here's how to get past this problem so you can use Vlingo:
- Resume the Setup process. If you are unable to resume setup, delete and reinstall Vlingo.
- When you get to the Permissions: Vlingo screen, set all possible permissions to Allow. Set the remaining permissions to Prompt if possible. If not possible, leave them set to Deny.
- Click Menu > Save.
- You should now see a screen starting with "Sorry, the following required permissions are still not set:" followed by a list of one or more permissions.
- Type the word skip.
- Click the Yes, skip button.
- You should now be able to successfully complete the Setup process.
- The first time you speak to Vlingo or use Vlingo Everywhere, you may receive a prompt saying that Vlingo is attempting to access some type of information. Check the Do not ask me again box, and then click Allow.
You should now be able to use Vlingo normally except for Vlingo Everywhere. If you want to use Vlingo Everywhere at a later time, you will need to contact your BES administrator and request that they set the Keystroke Injection permission to Allow.